Major investors from the United States of America
Opportunities for United States of America Investment
There are significant investment opportunities for companies across the United States in Melbourne, Victoria particularly in the areas of technology, fintech, agtech, biotech, medtech and the digital games sectors.
Prominent United States companies currently operate in Victoria across a wide range of industries, including:
- Technology - IBM, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft
- Life Sciences - Johnson & Johnson, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Fintech - Square, Stripe
Other noteworthy companies with a presence include Illumina, Moderna, Heinz, Mars, Mondelez, Boeing, Cargill and Lockheed Martin.
United States companies that have recently established their headquarters and national operations in Melbourne include:
- Amazon - chose Melbourne to establish its first dedicated Sort Centre in Australia
- Coursera - selects Melbourne to base its APAC headquarters
- Leidos - expanded its footprint in Victoria with a cutting-edge Software Factory
- Eventbrite - sets up its Asia Pacific headquarters in Melbourne
- Moderna - selected Melbourne to establish its new manufacturing and finishing facilities and Australian research centre for mRNA vaccines
The Americas companies headquartered in Melbourne
Al business providing real time info to clients such as CNN, USA Today, Airbus, United Nations
Global pharma developing and delivering innovative medicines to patients with serious diseases
Global company with Melb-made brands inc Cadbury, The Natural Confectionery Company and Pascall
Web-based collaboration platform allowing users to draw, edit and share charts and diagrams
A web-based software project-management platform that brings together people and projects
Event-management and self-service ticketing platform for users to create, share and attend events
Builds web-based infrastructure for companies to accept payment and manage their business online
Developing breakthrough medicines for patients with debilitating brain disorders
Case studies: The Americas companies
We can help you with your next market entry project
If you are considering investing in Melbourne, we can help you scope the market opportunity in Melbourne/Australia and assist you with your business case development.
Working with us will allow you to be fully informed and limit the number of surprises associated with your new investment. Our staff are experienced and well connected and can introduce you to potential partners to help make your investment a success.
contact Nigel Warren
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.