Advanced Air Mobility
Be part of Victoria's zero-emission advanced air mobility revolution
The State Government of Victoria is embracing the transformational opportunities that efficient zero-emission Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) can deliver to Victorian communities and regions. No matter where you are in the world, we welcome companies and investors looking to learn how Invest Victoria can support your investment project!
Opportunities in advanced air mobility
Freight, healthcare, regional service delivery and emergency service management
- Victoria’s supply chain and logistics industry contributes approximately $21 billion per year to the economy, making it an ideal location for AAM to support projected growth in freight volumes to our regions and communities. In addition, Victoria’s emergency services are already unlocking opportunities for AAM technologies in a range of functions, such as bushfire and wildlife management.
Longer term opportunities in regional passenger connectivity
- Victoria is home to several large regional centres that have growing commuter markets, thriving commercial centres and strong tourism opportunities. The Victorian Government is committed to exploring opportunities for AAM to improve connectivity between locations that are currently underserviced by existing transport modes, particularly in regional areas.
Research and development, including partnerships
- Develop partnerships with our world-leading universities across a range of disciplines, including advanced manufacturing, carbon fibre and composites, battery systems and storage, artificial intelligence, digital hardware and software, electric and hydrogen propulsion systems and more.
Trials, tests and feasibility studies
- The Victorian Government is exploring opportunities to support the development of local areas for testing, trialling and feasibility studies of AAM technologies. Invest Victoria can also help you find partners with complementary capabilities for your trial project.
Leverage Victoria’s aerospace and manufacturing capability
- Victoria’s deep aerospace design and manufacturing capabilities make a significant contribution to Australia’s aerospace industry. Victoria’s aerospace capabilities include advanced composite materials and production, component design, testing and certification, simulation and modelling, software development, platform support and systems engineering.
Why develop your Advanced Air Mobility solutions in Victoria?
The State Government of Victoria has made a long-term commitment to support the development of a local AAM, drone and electric aviation ecosystem that promises significant economic, environmental, Industrial and societal benefits.
AAM Industry Vision Statement
The Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) Industry Vision Statement outlines the Victorian Government’s commitment to support industry development and provide certainty to underpin investments in drone, electric aviation and future AAM operations.
Released in 2022, the AAM Industry Vision Statement also committed to the development of an AAM Action Plan to guide Victoria’s future direction for sector development and commercialisation.
AAM Action Plan
Launched on 19 September 2023, the draft AAM Action Plan articulates a range of proposed actions and associated timings that will support Victoria’s transition to AAM and electric aviation.
These sustained and incremental actions will help create market pathways to support commercialisation of operations, attract investment and capitalise on the transformational opportunities in the clean energy economy.
We want your feedback!
We invite you to complete an online survey and share your feedback on the actions and associated timings to ensure they are fit-for-purpose, align with industry expectations and will support the implementation of Victoria’s zero-emission aviation vision.
To complete the survey, visit the Engage Victoria website. The survey closes on 15 December.
Download the Victorian Government's Advanced Air Mobility Industry Vision Statement
For more information
- Invest Victoria can support you to navigate the national aviation safety regulatory arrangements for RPAS and AAM, visit the Civil Aviation Safety Authority - The RPAS and AAM Strategic Regulatory Roadmap
- For national emerging aviation technology policy initiatives and noise regulation for drone delivery, visit the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communities and the Arts Emerging aviation technologies.
We are keen to hear from AAM companies, investors and stakeholders looking to invest in Victoria.
|UK and Europe |
contact Tim Dillon
Agent General, UK
|US enquiries |
contact Nigel Warren
|SE Asia enquires |
contact Holly Butler
South East Asia
|All other enquiries |
contact Craig Harrison
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.