Victoria's relationship with the United States Americas
The United States of America is Victoria's largest source of investment, as well as being the State's second largest two–way trading partner and fourth largest market for food products. The United States is a major market for Victorian aerospace and automotive products, meat, pharmaceuticals and is a major source of tourists.
Victorian Trade and Investment Offices
Supporting our relationship the Victorian Government has offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boston and Washington DC. These offices play a vital role in the facilitation of trade, investment and the establishment of people to people links and partnerships between the two regions.
Australia-United States of America Free Trade Agreement
Entered into force in January 2005, the Australia-United States of America Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA) paves the way for Australia's economic relationship with the United States in terms of both trade and investment.
For more information please refer to The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade:
- Australia-United States of America Free Trade Agreement
- AUSFTA fact sheets
- Australia-United States of America Official documents
Victoria and the United States maintain extensive people to people links and institutional ties.
National / Institutions
- International Chamber House (ICH) - a business networking hub for international bilateral chambers and business associations
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) (launched 1989)
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) (signed 1995)
- G20 (established 1999)
- City of Melbourne sister-city relationship with Boston, Massachusetts (est 2015)
- City of Wyndham sister-city relationship with Costa Mesa, California (est 1996)
- City of Bayside sister-city relationship with Nazareth
- City of Stonnington sister-city relationship with Foster City, California
- City of Knox sister-city relationship with Yarriambiack
- City of Maroondah sister-city relationship with Ringwood, New Jersey
- City of Maroondah sister-city relationship with San Carlos, California
- City of Casey sister-city relationship with Springfield, Ohio
- City of Whitehorse sister-city relationship Waco, Texas
- Greater Bendigo sister-city relationship with Los Altos, California (est 1987)
- Greater Shepparton sister-city relationship with Novato, California
- Rural city of Mildura sister-city relationship with Upland
- Shire of Mansfield sister-city relationship with Canandaigua, New York
- Shire of Hepburn sister-city relationship with Coloma, California
- Horsham Rural City sister-city relationship with Horsham, Pennsylvania
- Glenelg Shire, Portland sister-city relationship with Portland, Maine
- Glenelg Shire, Portland sister-city relationship with Portland, Oregon
- Glenelg Shire, Portland sister-city relationship with Portland, Tennessee
- Colac-Otway Shire sister-city relationship with Walker, Michigan
We can help you with your next market entry project
Americas enquiries contact Nigel Warren
Commissioner for Victoria to The Americas
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.