Advanced Air Mobility
Be part of Victoria's zero-emission advanced air mobility revolution
The State Government of Victoria is embracing the transformational opportunities that efficient zero-emission Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) can deliver to Victorian communities and regions. No matter where you are in the world, we welcome companies and investors looking to learn how Invest Victoria can support your investment project!
Opportunities in advanced air mobility
Freight, healthcare, regional service delivery and emergency service management
- Victoria’s supply chain and logistics industry contributes approximately $21 billion per year to the economy, making it an ideal location for AAM to support projected growth in freight volumes to our regions and communities. In addition, Victoria’s emergency services are already unlocking opportunities for AAM technologies in a range of functions, such as bushfire and wildlife management.
Longer term opportunities in regional passenger connectivity
- Victoria is home to several large regional centres that have growing commuter markets, thriving commercial centres and strong tourism opportunities. The Victorian Government is committed to exploring opportunities for AAM to improve connectivity between locations that are currently underserviced by existing transport modes, particularly in regional areas.
Research and development, including partnerships
- Develop partnerships with our world-leading universities across a range of disciplines, including advanced manufacturing, carbon fibre and composites, battery systems and storage, artificial intelligence, digital hardware and software, electric and hydrogen propulsion systems and more.
Trials, tests and feasibility studies
- The Victorian Government is exploring opportunities to support the development of local areas for testing, trialling and feasibility studies of AAM technologies. Invest Victoria can also help you find partners with complementary capabilities for your trial project.
Leverage Victoria’s aerospace and manufacturing capability
- Victoria’s deep aerospace design and manufacturing capabilities make a significant contribution to Australia’s aerospace industry. Victoria’s aerospace capabilities include advanced composite materials and production, component design, testing and certification, simulation and modelling, software development, platform support and systems engineering.
Why develop your Advanced Air Mobility solutions in Victoria?
The State Government of Victoria has made a long-term commitment to the development of an advanced air mobility sector
Launched on 30 August 2022, the Advanced Air Mobility Industry Vision Statement outlines the Victorian Government's commitment to support the development of an AAM ecosystem to unlock cost and time savings for companies in a range of industries and critical functions.
The Industry Vision Statement outlines the government’s priorities and opportunities for quiet electric AAM to grow across the state and to provide certainty to underpin investments in future AAM operations in the state of Victoria.
Download the Victorian Government's Advanced Air Mobility Industry Vision Statement
For more information
- Invest Victoria can support you to navigate the national aviation safety regulatory arrangements for RPAS and AAM, visit the Civil Aviation Safety Authority - The RPAS and AAM Strategic Regulatory Roadmap
- For national emerging aviation technology policy initiatives and noise regulation for drone delivery, visit the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communities and the Arts Emerging aviation technologies.
We are keen to hear from AAM companies, investors and stakeholders looking to invest in Victoria.
|UK and Europe |
contact Tim Dillon
Agent General, UK
|US enquiries |
contact Nigel Warren
|SE Asia enquires |
contact Rebecca Hall
South East Asia
|All other enquiries |
contact Craig Harrison
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.