Advanced Air Mobility
Be part of Victoria's zero-emission advanced air mobility and electric aviation revolution
The State Government of Victoria is embracing the transformational opportunities that efficient zero-emission Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) can deliver to Victorian communities and regions. No matter where you are in the world, we welcome companies and investors looking to learn how Invest Victoria can support your investment project!
Opportunities in advanced air mobility and electric aviation
Freight, healthcare, regional service delivery and emergency service management
- Victoria’s supply chain and logistics industry contributes approximately $21 billion per year to the economy, making it an ideal location for AAM to support projected growth in freight volumes to our regions and communities. In addition, Victoria’s emergency services are already unlocking opportunities for AAM technologies in a range of functions, such as bushfire and natural resource management.
Longer term opportunities in regional passenger connectivity
- Victoria is home to several large regional centres that have growing commuter markets, thriving commercial centres and strong tourism opportunities. The Victorian Government is committed to exploring opportunities for AAM and electric aviation to improve connectivity between locations that are currently underserviced by existing transport modes, particularly in regional areas.
Research and development, including partnerships
- Develop partnerships with our world-leading universities across a range of disciplines, including advanced manufacturing, composite materials, battery systems, automation, digital hardware and software, electric and hydrogen propulsion systems and more.
Testing and trialling activities
- The Victorian Government can assist with your testing and trialling of novel AAM and electric aviation technologies as part of a meaningful commitment to the State. Invest Victoria can also help you with suitable locations and find partners with complementary capabilities for your project.
Leverage Victoria’s world-leading technologies and capabilities
- Victoria’s deep aerospace design, development and advanced manufacturing capability make a significant contribution to Australia’s aerospace industry. Victoria is already home to a thriving local supply chain network of world-class technologies in efficient batteries, electric engines, autonomous system, hydrogen fuel cells, avionics and manufacturing capacity to support your supply chain needs. Reach out to find out more!
Why develop your Advanced Air Mobility, drone and electric aviation solutions in Victoria?
The State Government of Victoria has made a long-term commitment to support the development of a local AAM, drone and electric aviation ecosystem that promises significant economic, environmental, Industrial and societal benefits.
AAM Industry Vision Statement
The Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) Industry Vision Statement outlines the Victorian Government’s commitment to support industry development and provide certainty to underpin investments in drone, electric aviation and future AAM operations.
Released in 2022, the AAM Industry Vision Statement also committed to the development of an AAM Action Plan to guide Victoria’s future direction for sector development and commercialisation.
AAM Action Plan
Launched on 19 September 2023, the draft AAM Action Plan articulates a range of proposed actions and associated timings that will support Victoria’s transition to AAM and electric aviation.
These sustained and incremental actions will help create market pathways to support commercialisation of operations, attract investment and capitalise on the transformational opportunities in the clean energy economy.
We want your feedback!
We invite you to complete an online survey and share your feedback on the actions and associated timings to ensure they are fit-for-purpose, align with industry expectations and will support the implementation of Victoria’s zero-emission aviation vision.
To complete the survey, visit the Engage Victoria website. The survey closes on 15 December.
Download the Victorian Government's the Advanced Air Mobility Industry Vision Statement and Action Plan (draft)
For more information
- Invest Victoria can support you to navigate the national aviation safety regulatory arrangements for RPAS and AAM. For further information, visit the Civil Aviation Safety Authority - The RPAS and AAM Strategic Regulatory Roadmap
- For national emerging aviation technology policy initiatives, noise and privacy regulation for drone delivery, visit the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communities and the Arts - Drones.gov.au
- For further information on Victoria’s sovereign advanced manufacturing capabilities and priorities, check out the Made in Victoria 2030: Manufacturing Statement
We are keen to hear from companies, investors and stakeholders looking to invest in Victoria's AAM and electric aviation future.
|UK and Europe |
contact Tim Dillon
Agent General, UK
|US enquiries |
contact Nigel Warren
|SE Asia enquires |
contact Holly Butler
South East Asia
|All other enquiries |
contact Craig Harrison
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.