Major investors from the United Kingdom
Opportunities for United Kingdom Investment
There are significant investment opportunities for United Kingdom (UK) companies in Melbourne, Victoria particularly in the areas of agtech, biotech, transport technology, R&D, clean energy and medtech.
Betweeen 2017 and 2022, Victoria has recorded 95 new investment projects from UK companies, creating close to 7,500 jobs and generating $4.6 billion in capital expenditure. UK investment is highly diversified, touching every sector of the economy, which highlights the strong connection between Victoria and the UK.
There are several prominent UK companies currently operating in Victoria that cover a wide range of industries, including:
- medtech - GlaxoSmithKline
- health insurance - BUPA
- advanced manufacturing companies - Supercat
- fintech - Aon
- clean energy - Mark Group
- manufacturing - Unilever
United Kingdom companies that have recently established their headquarters and national operations in Melbourne include:
- Scape - global specialists in developing and operating purpose-built student accommodation
- John Laing Group Limited - investor, developer and operator of privately financed, public sector infrastructure projects through Public-Private Partnership and Private Finance Initiative arrangements
- BOC - multinational, industrial gas company that supplies compressed and bulk gases, chemicals and equipment
- Smart Pensions - a fintech pensions and retirement technology business, delivering pensions technology platforms in partnership with other financial institutions
- Revolut - neobank and fintech company that offers banking services for everyday spending, future planning for savings and investments
UK companies headquartered in Melbourne
A leading pharma and healthcare company with global manufacturing and R&D operations.
Fintech offering a global bank debit network and online payment platform for businesses
Case studies: United Kingdom
We can help you with your next market entry project
If you are considering investing in Melbourne, we can help you scope the market opportunity in Melbourne/Australia and assist you with your business case development.
Working with us will allow you to be fully informed and limit the number of surprises associated with your new investment. Our staff are experienced and well connected and can introduce you to potential partners to help make your investment a success.
contact Tim Dillion
Agent General to the UK and
Commissioner for Victoria to
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.