Who we are
Invest Victoria is the State Government of Victoria's investment attraction agency, fostering long term economic prosperity by enabling business opportunities and job creation for Victoria.
Invest Victoria has recently transferred to the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) for the State Government of Victoria, reporting to the Minister for Economic Development and is responsible for:
- Leading new entrant Foreign Direct Investment and investment opportunities of state significance
- Enhancing the business investment environment
- Developing and providing whole-of-government levers (such as facilitation services)
- Strengthening the governance of investment attraction activities and providing central coordination for the State’s investment pipeline, including leading a whole-of-government investment committee
We take an all-inclusive view of our client’s investment objectives, working directly and proactively with them to bridge the gap between investor and the Victorian market.
Invest Victoria understands first-hand how doing business within the Australian market can differ vastly from doing business in an investor’s homeland – or indeed other parts of the world.
There is uncertainty and risk, and it can be overwhelming trying to navigate Australia’s complex changing industries and intricate regulatory system.
Our insight is key in enabling our clients to make faster and smarter decisions to enhance investor success. We also work hard to ensure the Victorian business environment is conducive to the types of investment that our state needs.
With deep connections into government and industry, and backed by a dynamic and marketsavvy investment team, Invest Victoria is well equipped to provide our clients with the know-how to make the most of local opportunities – linking them in with the right people and fast tracking their establishment into the market.
What we offer
We offer investors a range of free professional services and support, including:
- Business case proposal development support, provision of information on market entry, potential, and competition, research and development capabilities, labour market skills and talent, and cost of doing business;
- Introductions to potential clients and partners, industry contact and local suppliers;
- Fulfilling property requirements, including free confidential site identification and facilitation of planning and regulatory approvals;
- Accessing assistance at all levels of government, including financial assistance to attract strategic investments to the state;
- Ongoing provision of investor support, locally and globally, through Invest Victoria's extensive network of overseas officers.
Contact an Invest Victoria office near you, or phone us on +61 3 9651 8100.
Invest Victoria acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Traditional Owners and custodians of the land on which we work and live as Australia’s first peoples, including their deep and spiritual connection to the land.
We share the Victorian Government’s commitment to advancing self-determination built on community perspectives and priorities, acknowledging the decades that Aboriginal people have fought for self-determination and their right to make decisions on matters that affect their lives and communities.
Read the Advancing Self-Determination in DTF plan to learn about we are doing to help deliver self-determination reforms and deliver against commitments in the Victorian Aboriginal Affairs Framework and the Self-Determination Reform Framework.