Based in Lehi, Utah, Podium is a customer messaging platform that enables companies with a local presence to better connect with their customers at critical touchpoints.
Their platform helps companies strengthen their business by facilitating millions of customer interactions, such as customer-generated online reviews and providing customer messaging tools.
Founded in 2014, Podium now serves more than 60,000 local businesses in the United States, Canada and Australia. Podium is currently backed by YC Continuity, Sapphire Ventures, Alkeon Capital, Recruit Co. Ltd., IVP, Accel, Summit Partners and GV.
The new Melbourne office was launched to support existing customers in Australia and New Zealand and to expand its network throughout the region.
Podium chose Melbourne as it:
- provided a vibrant ecosystem and potential customer base
- the ability to hire from a strong talent pool; and
- access to key domestic and regional markets.
“Victoria has one of the best local business economies in the world.
As Podium continues to grow, we couldn’t be happier to call Melbourne home and help modernize the way business is happening here locally.”
Steve Garcia - V.P. International Sales and Director Australia, Podium
The Victorian government assisted Podium by providing;
- Information on the technology ecosystem in Melbourne to assist their business plan
- Detailed support with connections to service providers including co-working spaces and other local industry partners
- Assistance with navigating the visa application requirements for their initial launch team
Podium has been an amazing success in Melbourne so far and is capitalising on Melbourne’s incredible talent, hiring over 40 employees in 18 months and continuing to grow.