Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster
Monash, a place where education, innovation and technology come together
Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster is a collection of key health, technology and business precincts, educational institutions and commercial operations. It is also home to nationally significant research and technology infrastructure.
It is characterised by a highly skilled workforce with outstanding capability in health, education, science, advanced manufacturing and research.
Modern and well-connected with state-of-the-art facilities, the Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster is a globally competitive destination for the brightest minds and greatest innovators, attracting strategic and significant investment from educators, institutions and commercial operators.
We can connect you to key institutions in Monash to work with or help you find your ideal location within this business precinct.
Business leaders choose Monash for innovation
The Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster boasts a range of national and international businesses that as a collective make this cluster a highly desirable location for investment.
They operate within a diverse range of industries including construction, mining, transport and logistics, technology, defence, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, packaging and food manufacturing.
Some of these businesses include Xenon Systems, Weir Minerals, Leidos Australia, Lockheed Martin , Auschem Pacific Group, BASF, PPG Industries, Dulux Group, VISY, Grifols Australia, Axtent Global, Goodman Fielder, McCormick Foods Australia, Mainfreight Transport and Chemcouriers.
We can connect you with the state-of-the-art institutions and infrastructure
Invest Victoria can assist you to establish valuable connections, research partnerships, and leverage existing state of the art infrastructure.
We can also help you explore opportunities to build and create your own independent infrastructure, research projects and commercial operations within this highly dynamic, transformative and innovative location.
Research institutes and infrastructure
- CSIRO - Clayton
- Australian Synchrotron
- Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication
- Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute
- Hudson Institute of Medical Research
- Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute
- Monash Biomedical Proteomics Facility
- Monash University Accident Research Centre
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Integrative Brain Function
- Forsythe Biomaterials Research Group
- Hall Research Group
- Monash Centre for Electron Microscopy (MCEM)
- Monash Sustainable Development Institute
- Monash Institute of Railway Technology
- Laboratory for Microsystems
- CSIRO - Flexible Electronics Laboratory
- Hodgins Lab
- Australian Research Council Research Hub - Energy Efficient Separation Monash Protein
- Jasienaik Research Laboratory
- New Horizons Research Centre
- Monash University - one of Australia's leading universities, ranking among the world's top 100 and is the largest university in Victoria by student numbers.
- Monash Business School is among the top 1% of business schools in the world.
- John Monash Science School
- Institute of Childcare
- Origin Institute
- Monash College - Professional Pathways
- Chisholm Institute of Tafe
- Victorian Heart Hospital
- Monash Health
- Monash Medical Centre
- Monash Children's Hospital
We can connect you to the brightest minds and innovators in health, science and education
With over 75,000 people working in the Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster, it is one of the largest concentration of employees outside of the Melbourne CBD. Employment numbers are anticipated to double over the next 35 years.
Within this large cohort is an incredible array of capabilities across areas of health, education, science, advanced manufacturing and research. Specific capabilities include: data analytics, artificial intelligence and high performance computing; chemistry, engineering, science and technology solutions; information and defence technologies; nanomaterials, next generation energy technologies, mining and advanced manufacturing, astronomy and space, logistics and transport.
Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster is located in South Eastern Victoria
The Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster is a middle suburban location 20km south-east of central Melbourne. Serviced by key arterial roads including Monash Freeway, Eastlink, and the Princess Highway, and main rail corridors – Pakenham and Cranbourne, ensures easy access and mobility for commercial operations. Key plans are in place to ensure the development of business and worker amenity.
Anchored within the Monash cluster are a range of precincts and business parks that you may like to explore to locate in.
- Monash Health Translation Precinct
- Monash Technology Precinct
- Monash University Business Precinct
- Monash Business Park
- Monash University Business Park
- Nexus Business Park
- Axxess Corporate Park
- Ferntree Business Park
- Clayton Business Park
We can help you with your next market entry project
If you are considering investing in Melbourne, we can help you scope the market opportunity in Melbourne/Australia and assist you with your business case development.
Working with us will allow you to be fully informed and limit the number of surprises associated with your new investment. Our staff are experienced and well connected and can introduce you to potential partners to help make your investment a success.
UK and Europe
contact Tim Dillon
Agent General, UK
contact Nigel Warren
|SE Asia enquires
contact Georgina McCann
Acting Head of Post,
South East Asia
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.