Significant Investor Visa
The Significant Investor visa allows you to invest and live in Victoria. It is for eligible people who invest at least A$5 million into complying investments over four years in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
Complying investments include:
- at least A$500,000 in eligible Australian venture capital or growth private equity fund(s) investing in start-up and small private companies
- at least A$1.5 million in an eligible managed fund(s) or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and
- a 'balancing investment' of up to A$3 million in fund(s) or LICs that invest in a combination of eligible assets that include other ASX listed companies, eligible Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property in Australia (subject to the 10% limit on residential real estate).
For detailed information about investing in Australia, see Austrade.
Video: Significant Investor visa
Victorian Government visa nomination
Victoria offers flexible visa nomination to support eligible Significant Investor visa applicants who want to live and invest in Victoria.
You can access priority processing of your visa nomination application at no cost through Victoria's Significant Investor visa nomination program. Applications are currently processed within ten business days.
Visa nomination applications are assessed on a case by case basis, taking into account the potential contribution of your proposed complying investments to the Victorian economy.
Services for Significant Investors
As a Significant Investor you can access support services from a global network of Victorian Government Trade and Investment Offices and Investor and Business Migration Relationship Managers.
Investor and Business Migration Relationship Managers provide information and referrals for Significant Investors and their representatives including:
- information about trade and investment opportunities in Victoria
- Victorian visa nomination and complying investment requirements
- wealth management and financial service providers in Victoria
Victoria's Significant Investor Services Directory provides a listing of businesses in Victoria that offer financial and business support services to potential and existing Significant Investors and other business migrants.
How to apply for the Significant Investor visa
Submit an Expression of Interest on the Australian government Department of Immigration and Border Protection's SkillSelect website.
Choose Victoria as your nominating destination.
You will receive an invitation to lodge an application for visa nomination.
The Victorian Government will then assess your application for nomination within ten business days at no cost.
Once you are nominated by the Victorian Government, you will be invited to lodge a visa application through SkillSelect.
We can help you with your next market entry project
If you are considering investing in Melbourne, we can help you scope the market opportunity in Melbourne/Australia and assist you with your business case development.
Working with us will allow you to be fully informed and limit the number of surprises associated with your new investment. Our staff are experienced and well connected and can introduce you to potential partners to help make your investment a success.
|UK and Europe |
contact Tim Dillon
Agent General, UK
|US enquiries |
contact Nigel Warren
|SE Asia enquires |
contact Rebecca Hall
South East Asia
|All other enquiries |
contact Craig Harrison
Or go to our All Offices page to find your nearest Invest Victorian representative.