Mobile systems are examples of the way ICT is fundamental to our entrepreneurial communities as it is to the success and growth of our economy. The Victorian Government seeks to nurture and attract new mobile technology related investment to the state.
Victoria and Australia are recognised for the large numbers of innovations in digital content and offer a critical mass of complementary digital industries such as animation, screen, design, advertising, mobile content and new media and digital games.
A vibrant market and cluster presence
Mobile Technology Industry Associations and authorities that underpin the mobile technology sector in Victoria include:
- Mobile Monday Melbourne- Part of a global organisation, Mobile Monday Melbourne, comprises over 1500 members including developers, entrepreneurs, agencies and telecommunications companies in the Melbourne mobile technology space. Mobile Monday is an open community platform of mobile industry developers and individuals fostering brand neutral cooperation and cross-border business opportunities through live networking events to demonstrate products, share ideas and discuss trends from both local and global markets.
- AIMIA Mobile Industry Group – The AIMIA Mobile Industry Group (MIG) is an inclusive and unifying voice for the mobile industry (including developers, providers, aggregators, publishers, handset manufacturers, consultants, and carriers). For over 10 years, MIG has been working to remove barriers of entry within the industry through education and knowledge sharing. AIMIA initially set up MIG to focus specifically on mobile and wireless content. This is now become a primary focus for AIMIA given the digital content and interactive media aspects of the delivery platform. Current attendees include representatives from leading mobile developers, mobile publishers, mobile content creators, mobile consultants and mobile carriers.
- Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) - The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA ) is the peak industry body representing Australia's mobile telecommunications industry. AMTA members include mobile Carriage Service Providers (CSPs), handset manufacturers, retail outlets, network equipment suppliers and other suppliers to the industry. click here to view AMTA's members.
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) – is a statutory authority within the federal government portfolio of Broadband, Communications and Digital Economy.
- The Wireless Association (CTIA) is the international non-profit association for the wireless telecommunications industry, dedicated to expanding the wireless frontier. Membership includes wireless carriers and their supplier, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products.
- Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) – embodies the mobile marketing industry through members that represent agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, wireless operators and services providers, retailers and software providers.