Government support for ICT
- Victorian Technology Plan for the Future is an A$85 million plan to support growth, development, global competitiveness and innovation
- Technology trade and international partnering (state government)
- Technology development voucher (state government)
- R&D tax incentive (federal government)
- Business R&D vouchers (state government)
- Grants for games marketing (state government)
- Export market development grants (federal government)
- LaunchVic (state government), a A$60 million startup fund, will provide the right environment for entrepreneurs to develop, incubate and grow early-stage innovative businesses.
Melbourne's software industry is a part of a well-connected technology ecosystem; and successfully fosters collaboration to achieve innovation excellence.
- Melbourne is home to Deakin University's Motion Lab, one of the largest motion capture facilities in the southern hemisphere.
- Melbourne is home to a number of educational institutions that computer games courses with a reputation as Australia's leading games educators for games development and animation.
- Victoria has a range of technology clusters including:
- ICT Geelong
- Ballarat ICT Limited
- Victorian eHealth Network
- Victorian eLearning Network
- Spatial Information Business Association
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Interactive Media Association (AIMIA)
- Australian Computer Society
- Mobile Monday Victoria
- Intelligent Transport Systems Australia
- Game Developers' Association of Australia (GDAA)
- Australian Sports Technology Network
- To encourage greater collaboration and innovation, the Victoria government fosters the development of networks and clusters working on next generation technologies. As a result Melbourne is a premier location for high-level technology related R&D spend, and this spend is still growing.
Invest Victoria can help you explore new business opportunities
Invest Victoria provides a range of confidential services (at no charge) designed to make setting up or expanding your business in Melbourne and Victoria as simple as possible.
These include business intelligence together with unrivalled access to properties, locations and people.