Significant Investor Visa
The Significant Investor visa allows you to invest and live in Victoria. It is for eligible people who invest at least A$5 million into complying investments over four years in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
Complying investments include:
- at least A$500,000 in eligible Australian venture capital or growth private equity fund(s) investing in start-up and small private companies
- at least A$1.5 million in an eligible managed fund(s) or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and
- a 'balancing investment' of up to A$3 million in fund(s) or LICs that invest in a combination of eligible assets that include other ASX listed companies, eligible Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property in Australia (subject to the 10% limit on residential real estate).
For detailed information about the Complying Investment framework.
Video: Significant Investor visa
Victorian Government visa nomination
Victoria offers flexible visa nomination to support eligible Significant Investor visa applicants who want to live and invest in Victoria.
You can access priority processing of your visa nomination application at no cost through Victoria's Significant Investor visa nomination program. Applications are currently processed within five business days.
Visa nomination applications are assessed on a case by case basis, taking into account the potential contribution of your proposed complying investments to the Victorian economy.
Services for Significant Investors
As a Significant Investor you can access support services from a global network of Victorian Government Business Offices and Significant Investment Managers.
Significant Investment Managers provide information and referrals for Significant Investors and their representatives including:
- information about trade and investment opportunities in Victoria
- Victorian visa nomination and complying investment requirements
- wealth management and financial service providers in Victoria.
Victoria has dedicated Significant Investment Managers in Shanghai/Greater China, Bangalore/South Asia, Kuala Lumpur/South East Asia and London/Europe.
Victoria's Significant Investor Services Directory provides a listing of businesses in Victoria that offer financial and business support services to potential and existing Significant Investors and other business migrants.
How to apply for the Significant Investor visa
Submit an Expression of Interest on the Australian government Department of Immigration and Border Protection's SkillSelect website.
Choose Victoria as your nominating destination.
You will receive an invitation to lodge an application for visa nomination.
The Victorian Government will then assess your application for nomination within five business days at no cost.
Once you are nominated by the Victorian Government, you will be invited to lodge a visa application through SkillSelect.