Incentives, grants and programs
The Victorian and Commonwealth Government have grant programs that may be available to you when entering the Melbourne market or once you have established your operations in Melbourne.
Victorian Government grant programs
If you are interested in Victorian Government grant programs, please contact us to discuss your company's circumstances and we will be able to provide advice on what is suitable and available.
LaunchVic for startups
LaunchVic, a new entity that will accelerate startups, drive new ideas and create jobs in Victoria has been launched by the State Government of Victoria in conjunction with Victoria's startup community and the successful Melbourne-grown firm 99designs.
The A$60 million fund is being provided over four years from 2016 from the Premier of Victoria's Jobs and Investment Fund.
LaunchVic works in partnership with entrepreneurs, industry, business, the community and our educational institutions to strengthen Victoria's entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem. Its focus is to invest in the infrastructure of Victoria's startup ecosystem to increase scale and improve capability.
The fund currently funds programs to support startups and entrepreneurs in Victoria by:
- Fostering a more collaborative and linked network of co-working spaces, incubators, and accelerators.
- Encouraging the clustering of destination hubs that build capacity and connectedness within the startup community. These ‘Launch Hubs’ would be focal points to lift global visibility and brand Victoria as a regional startup powerhouse.
- Building capability through improved advocacy, education programs, mentoring, events, hackathons, competitions, improving access to venture capital and startup ecosystem mapping.
Commonwealth Government of Australia programs
- AusIndustry Programs
- R&D Tax incentive
- Business Innovation and Investment Program
- Business Talent Visa
- Business and Innovation Visas
For more information and assistance, simply contact your local Victorian Government Trade and Investment representative.